Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So I have heard tomorrow is bringing 2009 then?

Hmmm, I still can not believe that 2009 is already in our hands, well almost.
It seems like yesterday I was in a friends backyard celebrating the welcoming of 2008, but who new 09 would come so quick.

So tomorrow night is the night, I will put on my dancing heels, my black tutu and a flower in my hair. I will be off to celebrate with friends, go night swimming {hopefully} and watch the sun rise as little baby 09 is born.

So I guess with every New Year, comes New Year resolutions right? So here are mine for 09.

  • To go to the gym on a regular basis, no slacking off like I normally do. It is unhealthy.
  • Start my dance classes.
  • Cut fattening foods out of my diet. Less cheese. I don’t need too much.
  • Try to finish my book by the end of the year. {09}
  • Learn how to actually dance and walk in heels.
  • See Halle aka Sandra Bullock more often.
  • Start reaching for my career goal.

I have had a blast this year, so many good things have happened, but everyone knows you can’t have ups without downs, and yes I have had my fair share of downs, trust me I have even had more downs than ups. But I still would not change a thing about this year, it has made me realise who I want to become, and has taught me that I have to focus and work hard on the things I want. It has also taught me that it is ok to be scared, and that everything happens for a reason. I am still the same person that I was last year, and the year before, but I would like to think that I am slowly evolving into a better person. We learn from our mistakes, and I have made plenty this year but I am not ashamed of them, my mistakes make me the person I am today. I will always be the funny looking, pink hair, bright glasses, sarcastic, crazy, loud, optimistic, big dreamer dork that I am. And If that’s who I am going to be in the future, then so be it.

I am so happy to start a new chapter in my life; I can not wait until I say hi to the big 09 that is coming our way. Big things are about to happen, although they will not happen straight way, I know they will in time.

I finally found a song that I really connect to. I have never felt this say about a song, so I don’t know why I feel it so much for this. I close my eyes and everything that I have ever dreamt about or wanted, or even everything that has ever happened to me come in little flashbacks. It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it. I think I have found MY song. It is a bit weird that it isn’t from my favourite band, and I wish it was, because that would be amazing if I had that kind of connection with them, unfortunately it is not. But I can not help or change how I feel about this song as sometimes I wish I could.

I am sitting here, watching the lights from my balcony, it is beautiful. It seems to me that the simplest things like light can be the most beautiful. I love watching them; I get so lost in the brightness of it all. I like that; it makes me feel like I am the only one in the whole world. Who knew light could actually captivate people so much?

Today was a good lesson. I always have wanted to become independent and today, I actually stood up for myself, I did things that I normally wait for my mother or sister to do for me, but today I did it myself. I am so happy that not only did I prove to myself but to my family that I am no longer a baby and that I could one day be living in NYC far away from mummy and daddy to save me.

Today, a year ago, was one of the best days I have had. Even though I got sand whipped so hard it turned my skin red, I had so much fun. A nice picnic on the beach in the middle of a sand storm and then a nice meal at the moon after with head aching music was a perfect day. Such a happy day.

P.S: we make one marvellous year of observing and chasing’ around: So Happy anniversary and happy New Year, my little Johnny Greenwood.

Last Saturday and Sunday were such long days. I woke up early on Saturday to go shopping with my sister and a friend, after shopping we went home, had lunch and then went out to a bar to meet up with everyone. It was such a tiering day. I drank three big cocktails and as soon as I fell on my bed, lights went out.

So Sunday when I woke up, had to rush to the city, and did some more crazy shopping. I am so sick of shopping now; I do not want to go into another shop until next Christmas.

I have big blisters on my back from getting sun burnt from my day in rocking ham. It hurts and it’s burning. Help.

Well it’s a little less than 24 hours until we say hello to the New Year, but I am so glad I am feeling optimistic about everything. This time last year I was feeling a bit unsure of everything, but right now I am so sure of anything.

So Happy little New Year everyone, hope you welcome 09 with a bottle of spirits like my girl Sandra Bullock, and hope you Rock it like my man Johnny Greenwood.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Love you fools.

1 comment:

kurtsbean said...

& on that fabulous note...
Only 299 days until you're no longer a teenager. :o